Sunday, January 07, 2007

A Little Cheesecake












"A Little Cheesecake"
5"x7" Oil on Gessoed Board
Auction coming soon!

I was rewarded by my wonderful wife with my favorite desert, cherry cheesecake. Mmm mm good!

It wouldn't be right to not paint something so delicious. So, I started by getting the composition I liked the best and since I am very satisfied with that, I will begin blocking it in with color.

This one shouldn't take me very long at all but it is already proving to be quite enjoyable. After all that is whats so great about being an artist... enjoying the process from start to finish.
My only hope and wish is you enjoy the results.
Mark

P.S. More to come!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharman Owings said...

How did you resist putting fork to subject???????
Sharman

4:34 PM  
Blogger MBStudios said...

Wasn't hard at all, I resisted like a true champ!

Ok, so what really happened was I broke down and ate it. Of course the great thing was it wasn't just a single slice but an entire cheesecake so I got to eat while I worked.

Also, since I was doing a step by step I painted as much as I could and then got the digital camera out so I could finish it.

Once I had the picture there was nothing left to do but to give into the temptation and eat it.

:) Mark

9:16 PM  
Blogger Lori McNamara said...

It looks soooo good! I am in danger of blowing my diet! I got to find a diet cheesecake recipe now.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home